LIBRARY MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Hofheimer Library, as an integral component of Virginia Wesleyan College's educational curriculum, is to provide information resources and instruction services to support and enhance the liberal arts learning experience as well as provide a relevant link to the outside world.
To achieve this, the Library will continually focus on the quality, relevance, accessibility and delivery of library resources and services to ensure that the information and research needs of the college community are met in an efficient and effective manner.
Reviewed Summer 2008
- Library administration: The library will manage resources effectively.
- Resource selection: The library will develop and maintain a collection appropriate to an urban, church-related, residential liberal arts college.
- Instruction: The library will provide appropriate instruction in the use of the library and its resources.
- Technology: The library will utilize professional and technological advances appropriate to a small library and will provide access for students, faculty and staff, both on and off campus.
- Physical facilities: The library will provide sufficient space and equipment for the library’s collections, staff and services.
- Personnel: The library will recruit, develop and retain an excellent staff who are able to deliver library services in an accurate and professional manner.
- Campus and community involvement and participation: The library will support campus and community events and projects with staff participation and involvement.
- Assessment: The library will evaluate and review on an ongoing basis all library operations and resources.
- Cooperation with faculty: The library will develop collaborative methods of supporting instructional programs by seeking and responding to faculty assistance in the development and use of library materials.
- Provision for additional resources: The library will teach about resources not owned in the VWC library collection so that students will understand alternative options for obtaining research materials.
- Circulation of library materials: The library will develop and maintain an efficient, responsive and appropriate circulation system for the use of library materials.
Reviewed, Summer 2008