Library Room Use
Use of library rooms shall be consistent with the educational mission of Virginia Wesleyan College and with the general nature of the Library. No commercial activities shall be permitted except those sponsored by university groups.
Room Use Policy
General Room Use:
- The library's food and drink policy is below.
- Room users are expected to follow all library policies in regard to noise and general use of library spaces.
- Room temperature controls are established by the Physical Plant and cannot be adjusted by library staff.
- Abuse of these policy requirements may result in loss of room use privileges.
- Technology problems should be reported to computer services. (email@example.com or 757/455-3111)
Food & Drink Policy
The following guidelines ensure that students will have a space conducive to research, learning and quiet study while protecting the materials, furnishings and equipment of the library.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are welcome in the main library; messy food (i.e., food that is greasy, sticky, or crumbly) should be eaten in the 24-hour study space.
- Keep all food and drink away from keyboards, books, and other library materials.
- Dispose of trash in trash cans and use available blue recycling bins. Dining hall dishes should be returned to the dining hall.
- Group parties are not permitted in the library.
- Food deliveries are not permitted and will be turned away.
- The library has a “No Fault” policy which means please report spills immediately so we can ensure that damaged equipment, materials, furniture or carpeting is properly treated and cleaned or repaired.
The library reserves the right to enforce and/or amend these policies and to further limit food and drink in the library as needed to ensure the safety and protection of the students, staff, building, materials and facilities.
Thank you for your help and cooperation in making this policy a success.
Policy revision November 2012
Exceptions to any library policy should be discussed with the Library Director or appropriate designee.
Click play to start the tutorial slideshow. For optimal viewing, expand to full screen.