The United Methodist Collection at Virginia Wesleyan College
The Virginia Wesleyan College United Methodist Collection, located within the Henry Clay Hofheimer II Library, functions as a repository for publications relating to the history and workings of the United Methodist Church (to include Methodism in general, early Methodism, American Methodism, Virginia Conference, Baltimore Conference, Evangelical United Brethren Church [E. U. B.], etc.*) These materials are being assembled to provide a resource for United Methodist study and research in the southeastern Virginia community.
The collection is in addition to other United Methodist publications that may be found in the library’s reference section, or shelved with the catalogued materials throughout the general library inventory.
*As a result of various schisms and mergers the church name has changed: The Methodist Episcopal Church; The Methodist Episcopal Church (South); The Methodist Church; The United Methodist Church (after merger of the Methodist Church and the Evangelical United Brethren Church in 1968); In 1939 The Methodist Protestant Church was part of a unification plan that became The Methodist Church. In 2007 we are today The United Methodist Church.
Please select from the tabs at the top to browse the various types of Methodist resources available at Hofheimer Library.
If you would like to donate to Virginia Wesleyan’s United Methodist Collection, please contact the library at (757) 455-3224.